Friday, December 01, 2006

Snow day!


View off the front porch during the heart of the storm.


Today was the first official Blizzard we have had in years. The kids had off school and work for us was cancelled. I caught the neighbor kids cutting through our backyard on the way to sledding. The trees are so pretty after the snow. Makes it seem more like Christmas. Gotta get knitting.

I am making 7 of Kim Ogle's revesible cable scarf (pattern available at Kro Sha in Milwaukee) out of JoAnn Sensations Bellezza Collection Cosetta, a heavy worsted wool nylon blend. It came in 7 colors and DS Andrew who works at NML part time and goes to UW Parkside part time wants one for each of the ladies in his department at work. It is a great pattern. Thanks Kim!

I'm also working on a diagonal garter stripe scarf in UW Whitewater colors for my neighbor who is going there next year. (The one in the center in the orange jacket) I came up with a unique way to handle the "dashes" you get when changing colors in garter. Will post the pattern and picture when it is complete. This is the start of it. I really like the Bernat Softee Chunky yarn. This is the first time I've worked with it.

The girl on the right is Angela of the Angela Hat.

No comments: