Thursday, July 23, 2009

Wedding Slippers

DS2 and his fiance have set a date for the wedding, October 23, 2010. The wedding will be held part way between Milwaukee and Chicago where the bride's family is, so they anticipate that many of the guests will be staying overnight. They want to have a welcome pack at the hotel for overnight guests and have requested I knit slippers in the wedding colors. The wedding theme is FALL and brown, burgandy and orange are the colors.

Some have told me this is a pretty big proposition to take on. I agree, but I helped my older son's wife with every aspect of her wedding from picking the hall to knitting shawls for the attendents, making all the flowers, invitations, and programs. Not complaining - I loved doing it. But these 2 will do that all themselves. What a good excuse to buuy yarn, use stash yarn and do my favorite thing - knit!!!

I asked knitting pals on the Knitlist and Knittalk Yahoo groups for suggestions. I got many good ones. I decided it would be fun to blog and keep track of the progress.

No comments: