Friday, December 30, 2005

Vegas Scarf Pictures

At the November meeting of the Lakeshore Knitters Guild, I taught the group the basics of making a Vegas Scarf. The scarf is basically a lengthwise knit and purl scarf made from 6 different novelty yarns which are knit and purled on a ramdom basis.







The scarf was originally created by Jennifer Lori Carpman of Quebec. You can link to the original directions at http://www.jeloca.com/game.htmlml. The pattern is also in the The 2006 Knitting-Pattern-A-Day calendar.

I brought in scarves I had made and some ideas for variations on the pattern which I will post.

At the December meeting, guild members brought in their completed Vegas scarves for a show and tell. It was really fun seeing the way the scarves turned out using different yarns.






Thank you to Kim Ogle for taking the pictures and allowing me to post them.

No comments: