Friday, January 27, 2006

Warm hands Happy puppies



Last weekend all my knitting was for charity. I made 2 red scarves for the Einstein Bagel red scarf project for orphans. One was a plain red worsted with Patons Cha Cha in red and black at the ends for about 4". The other was red worsted held with Vixen. - Pictured - The worsted held with the novelty yarn knit up quickly and with a nice feel. In fact, I liked it so much I made another for myself! Both were all garter stitch and easy to work on.

This weekend my charity knitting continues and
I found a project close to my heart as a new puppy owner. I'm making handwarmers for The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to animals in New Orleans. They have no roof and the workers wear these along with medical gloves. I have lots of small balls of varigated worsted acrylic. My goal is to make these for the next week and whatever I have done after the Super Bowl next Sunday I will mail to them. More info is at the following website. http://guildedpurls.blogspot.com/2005/12/fingerless-mitts-another-charity.html .

You can find the pattern I used for these at http://www.zenknit.com/mitts.html .

It is really an easy pattern and goes very quick. They are also looking for blankets for the animals: squares 18" or larger. There is more info on that at the guilded purls blog.

No comments: