Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Tuna Lasagna

I knit. I don't do a lot of cooking. My DH is the king of the kitchen. However occasionally I make one of several signature dishes. Today will be one of those days so I thought I would post the recipe. It is a somewhat unusual tuna dish, but one of DH's favorites.

Tuna Lasagna

1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 T olive oil
2-61/2 oz cans of tuna, drained and flaked
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 t dried oregano
1/4 tsp pepper
6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
8 ounces mozzerella cheese
1/2 lb Velveeta cheese, sliced
1/4 cup parmesan cheese

In large skillet, saute onions and garlic in oil. Stir in tuna, milk, soup and seasonings. In 12" x 8" baking dish, layer 1/2 of noodles, mozzarella cheese, tuna mixture, Velveeta, and parmesan cheese; repeat layers. Bake at 350 degrees 30 minutes. Let stand ten minutes before serving.

I use the light velveeta and Heathy choice soup.

This can be easily made ahead of time and refrigerated before baking.

No comments: