Tuesday, August 07, 2007

New Look for the Blog

I decided it was time to change the look of the blog to make it more reader friendly.



My new obsession is illusion knitting. I stuggled all weekend long to come up with a chart to make a scarf that says LAKESIDE KNITTERS in illusion knitting. I did alot of frogging. Not sure if it was my knitting or the frog in the pond outside my patio door but I would swear I heard "Rippet, Rippet, Rippet" as I was tearing out the beginning attempts. As the weekend went on, the concept suddenly clicked and I came up with my own letters and subsequently charted the design very successfully. Now I am in the process of knittting my design. I also started the heart bag from Shadow knits tonight but I am going to do it in just 2 colors.


I joined the illusion knitting yahoo group and had to introduce myself with some basic questions. I thought it might be fun to post the questions and answers here too.
How long have you been knitting?

about 35 years


What are your favorite things to knit?

I like projects that can be finished quickly the best - hats, scarves, mittens, purses, baby sweaters etc.

What do you have on the needles now? (illusion or otherwise)

Initial dishclothes for Christmas gifts, lace scarves and a purse to felt, along with the illusion projects.


Favorite yarns?

We have a new local yarn shop that carries some yummy wools. I also love varigated in any fiber, even the red heart acrylic.


Do you do any other crafts?

I crochet- but I'd rather knit and scrapbook. I used to paint professionally - I sold my first watercolors in college of blood cells to the university!!! Now I stick to fibers.

Add any personal info you might want to share (totally optional)

I am the editor of a knitting guild newsletter and have just volunteered for the program duties. I own a small business with my husband doing window warranty work for several large corporations and window repair. (The kind that have glass and open and close - not the computer kind -LOL)

No comments: