Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Elk Hunting and Knitting


My DH is in Montana this week elk hunting. I thought I would have so much more time for knitting and blogging, but I realized the following:
  • I still have to work even with him gone. The business must go on.
  • The dogs and cats still need to eat, be played with and let out and played with some more. One less person to help with that.
  • I don't like to cook. DH loves to cook. We still have to eat. I get to cook. I usually knit while he cooks. Then I clean up. Now I get to cook and clean up. This equals lost knitting time.
  • There is still alot of activity here with DS1 coming in and out for work and DS2 and his fiance who both live here coming in and out for work and school. Don't get me wrong - I love the activity. I am just reasoning why the knitting isn't progressing like I had hoped.
  • I started to read a book. I have been too busy to read for quite a while. I picked up Sandra Brown's Ricochet the other night. Big mistake. Reading cuts into knitting time. Who can put down this book before they find out if the judge's trophy wife who used to be a topless cocktail waitress is a killer or a victim??????????
  • As for the blogging..........He took my camera!!!!!!

Okay, but I really have gotten some knitting done.

I made a pair of the Bulky Mittens from this website. http://www.shirleyknits.blogspot.com/ I really like this pattern.

I made one of the Freebie Friday- Stranded Pumpkin Mitts from Kathleen Taylor's website. I started the other and have the striped cuff almost done. This was a bit of a challenge, but it is well worth the work.

I also made a scarf for the charity box from some fun clearance yarn from WalMart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Mari ... Kathi Taylor's site has a companion tam to the pumpkin fingerless mitts today! Now you can use up all the left-over yarn from the mitts.
Kathy Sorensen