Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Finished the Dead Alive Fish Hat over the weekend. It is a bit big for the boyer but he looks cute in it and he will grow.

I used some yarn I've had in the stash for a while. The main yarn is black with some yellow, green, red, blue and purple dashes of color - I guess you would call it a print rather than a variagated. It was really alot of fun to knit. I used the Fibonacchi striping to determine the number of rows for each color. I was very pleased with how the stripes turned out and doing the stripes that way made the plain knitting much more interesting. I used a size 5 needle and the yarn is a worsted weight.
Directions for the tail are found under FAQ in the designer's website.  The ones on Knitty are different.

No comments: