Thursday, March 20, 2014

Knitttalk spring scarflet knit togeter

How to find the pattern.....
The pattern is on a website called Suzie's Stuff.  Suzetta knows we are doing this and is anxious to see our pictures.  You'll want to page through the website when you have time.  She has very nice knit and crochet patterns.  She took the five hour baby sweater and converted it into the seven hour toddler sweater which is a project I have knit several times and if you go to the boys version you will see my little grandson at two in a camo yarn just before we found out he needed glasses.

The web address is http://suzies-yarnie-stuff.blogspot.com
Go to Wednesday, May 15, 2013
VERY EASY SCARFLET

There you will find the picture and the directions.

Suzie uses a size 9 and a 10-1/2 needle and worsted weight yarn. I used an 8 instead of the 9.   Feel free to have fun with the pattern.  Here is the basics.  Be sure to go to Suzie's site to see the picture and check your stash or LYS for inspiration and to check out her other patterns.

With 10.5 needles cast on 26 sts.   Knit 8 rows. (Garter stitch)
With  8 or 9 needles:
         Row 1:  K2, P2 across, end with K2.
         Row 2:  P2, K2 across end with P2.
Repeat rows 1 and 2 until scarf is about 31 inches from cast on edge, ending with row 1
Switch back to size 10.5 needles. Knit 8 rows. (Garter Stitch) Bind off and weave in ends.

I really think it will be fun to see what we come up with.  When you are finished with your scarflet, send the picture of it, your name, and where you are from to me at my new email address

Loosenmari@gmail .com

and I will post it on my blog at........

www.born2knit@blogspot.com

The project starts today.......March 17, 2014 and ends June 17, 2014.  That should give us time even if we have other bigger projects going on.  This would make a great car project or project to work on while watching tv or a movie off at your knit group.  Feel free to make more than one.  If you enjoy the pattern.  I don't mind posting!

I know a lot of us are busy.  I also know a lot of us are stuck at home, disabled, retired and not so busy any more.  Some see people all day long.  Others just wait for emails.  Please take the time write to the group and tell us when you have started and what kind of yarn you are using and how it is going.  If you start and rip, tell us about it.  If you come up with any ideas when you see the pattern, write about it.  What I'm trying to say, is write to the list.  There are members who don't have a lot of other contact with the outside world.

Hugs to all you knit sisters.  Let me know if I left any thing out.....or if you have questions.  Or if you are working on something else and just want to say hi!

No comments: